The best way to plan an organized move is to start planning as early as you can. Unfortunately for many people, an early start isn’t always a possibility and last-minute moves must be quickly organized and executed in a short amount of time.
The good news is that there are ways to make a last-minute move a lot less stressful—in particular by hiring expert movers to help. At Upline Moving, our Bay Area movers are experienced in making relocations of all kinds easier, more affordable, and better organized—including last-minute moves to local, long-distance, and even international locations. In this article, we’ll reveal some important tips on how to use the services of a moving company to quickly plan a successful last-minute move.
Choosing a Mover: Evaluating Companies, Relocation Services and Other Options
If you’re stuck planning a last-minute move, the worst thing you can do
is to choose a Bay Area
moving company out of desperation without doing some research first. Not
only do you want to talk to different options and compare rates, you’ll also
need to know that the company you’re hiring offers the specialized services you
need for your particular moving situation.
Choose a company that offers the ones that you need and that will customize your moving package according to the services you want. While your needs will vary depending on your situation, here are some typical moving services to consider.
- Multiple Household Sizes: It’s best to choose Bay Area residential movers that can handle any household size. The last thing you need is to choose a new moving company that is only prepared to move a one-bedroom apartment and you have a four-bedroom house.
- Personalized Attention: Just because the move is last minute, that doesn’t mean your move should be disorganized. Most moves are stressful due to a lack of order. This can be avoided by working with a company that offers the services of a moving coordinator. This coordinator will assist you in planning the details, identifying your needs, and provide you a cost estimate you can depend on.
- Customized Rates A lot of moving companies will provide a cost estimate that isn’t thorough or includes additional fees. Many of them will try to lure customers in with flat rates and a confusing contract that tacks on a lot of extras that are only calculated after the move is finished. Others will charge a flat rate that covers services you don’t need or want. Look into a company that offers in-home estimates, that prices your move according to what you have, and the services that you actually need.
- Storage: Last-minute moves are famous for having plans change seemingly on a whim. To that end, make sure the moving company you choose offers excellent storage options designed to accommodate any adjustments to the plan that might become necessary at the last minute.
- Extra Services: With a last-minute move, you do not have the time to pack and sort while ensuring everything else is addressed. That’s why it’s critical to choose last minute movers that offer full service packing along with specialized moving services. The more services a moving company provides, the more likely they are to be able to handle everything that comes up during the move.
Move at the Last Minute With Upline Moving
As your Bay Area household movers, our team has provided a five-star residential moving experience to our customers for over 10 years. We owe our continuing success to our focus on delivering a personalized approach, customized moving plans, and exceptional service. Instead of looking at your home as a collection of things, we consider the people behind their belongings. Every piece matters, which is why we guarantee safe and secure transport from point A to point B every single move.
We are proud to be an AMSA ProMover and BBB-accredited residential moving company. If you’re ready to start planning your last-minute move, don’t hesitate to contact our Bay Area moving company now. Give us a call to speak with one of our expert movers or fill out our online form to schedule a free, in-home pricing estimate with a moving coordinator.
- last minute move